First trail Run/Walk

Today was my first day out on the trails. It was muddy, rainy, I got lost twice and it was so much fun! I set out from the science park and just followed any trail I could find. It ended up being a 21km trek up the river valley in just over 3 hours. My main goal was just putting some hours on my feet so I didn't push very fast, walked on steep uphills and just enjoyed myself. Some lessons were learned one of which is that cramping for the last 3km was a real drag and I need to be smarter about my electrolyte intake. I was also very impressed with the trail shoes ability to hold the ground. There was still slipping and slidding but not nearly as much as I expected with the muddy conditions.

I look forward to my weekly lesson on trail running. Hope the legs are ready to bike tomorrow! Here are some pics from the run.
 That is one huge wasps nest!
I tested it and decided that my 200lb butt had best keep to the trails.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intro to Lower Body Biomechanics

My Hip Rehabilitation

Goodbye July