Running and Lifting

Elk Island Run #2
The last two runs have been much more successful since the first. The biggest change was introducing electrolyte mix into my camel pack and carrying more nutrition on me. Here is a quick over view of my first three runs.


Run
Distance
Time
Pace
Elevation
1 River valley
21km
3:12:45
9:11/km
408m
2 Elk island
20km
2:27:41
7:14/km
224m
3 River valley
29km
3:49:13
7:54/km
474m


Along with breaking my speed record for most distances during these last two weeks I also broke my dead lift personal record from when I was training for football able to do 380lb for two sets of 4 a few days before my last run. This is a very promising sign that our theory is going in line with our projections.
Elk Island run #2

Day after my runs the main pain that is noticeable is coming from lateral knee joint line consistent with menisci regions. Due to it being bilateral I think it may actually be in part due to how I have been kinesiotaping my knees before my long runs. For my next run I am going to just use a medial band to facilitate firing of the VMO and exclude my lateral band to see if that helps. Otherwise muscle pain post run has been thankfully very minimal allowing me to continue my other forms of exercise.
River Valley #3
Learning about the nutritional aspect of these long runs has been an experience of trial and error. Before this most sports I have been involved with didn't require much thought into the nutritional needs during the exercise since they were not of this duration. I'm excited for my next run so I can keep pushing it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intro to Lower Body Biomechanics

The Experiment

My Hip Rehabilitation